Saturday, October 29, 2011

Thank you for your comments!

Because I haven't figured out how to reply to comments left on my blog (I'm a newbie), I wanted to take a moment to say thanks to those who left responses about my chalk paint experiment.  I've never used Annie Sloan's and don't want to step on the toes of those who do.  I have no doubt that it's an awesome product!  I've looked at all the pictures that have been posted of the furniture that has been painted with it and I drool.  Here's my view on it.  First of all, with the state our country is in, I'm only interested in buying American made products.  First and foremost!  Secondly, if Annie Sloan's paint is as easy to apply as it claims to be, then anyone can purchase a $35 quart and do it themselves. Lord knows there are enough DIY videos out there.  That should be a little scary to all of those out there painting furniture for a living.  The price, to me, is too excessive.  Never in a million years am I going to pay $35 a quart for ANYTHING!  That's just me because I'm a thrifty kind of girl!  So, I'll just keep plugging along.....  working my magic with what I have and a little experimentation only adds to the fun!   

No comments:

Post a Comment