Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Life is Good!

With the beautiful weather we've been having down South, I almost forgot about the Holidays (until I just heard an obnoxious reminder from the TV sound waves wafting their way back to my serene porch).  One of my men left the back door open.  We need to have a family meeting about shielding Mom from the Christmas commercials.  How dare they interrupt my fantasy that it's really May! 

I spent my day outside in the beautiful sunshine sanding this girl.  I'm not sure what the temperature reached today but at 4:00 it was 78 degrees.  I can't begin to tell you how happy that makes me! 





This chick is my new best friend!  I fall in love very easily, if you haven't already figured that out.  Doesn't take much to make this simple gal happy!  She's solid and easy to get along with.....  my kind of girl!  As soon as I got down to her raw, natural beauty I was grinning from ear to ear!  She, along with the weather, made me realize today how very blessed I am.  I don't claim to have a perfect life but I am so grateful for the life I have.  I have two guys who love me beyond measure (despite all of my flaws).  We have a sweet little house that is all ours.  I have so many blessings and I feel ashamed during those "down" times when I don't give thanks for them every day. 

Today was awesome.  Nothing "spectacular" happened.  It was just a very calm day with warmth and simplicity.  I love those days! 

The antique dresser is finished and will be making her way back home this week.  Been waiting for the Poly to dry completely before attaching her mirror for an after pic.  Coming to you tomorrow, hopefully! 

No comments:

Post a Comment