Saturday, November 12, 2011

Makin' Progress

Been feeling a bit bogged down with the two projects I've been working on.  I must learn to not underestimate the complexity of certain things and NOT try to do two of those things at ONCE.  I'm my own worst enemy! 

I'm happy to report that I'm finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel and have made great progress. Been refinishing an antique dresser for a customer.  I'll give you a sneak peak of where I am.


Honestly, this was a little scary since the ends are veneer and I knew sanding wasn't going to be an option.  After 3 cans of miracle liquid, Formby's Furniture Refinisher, those scratches faded into a distant memory. 



Voila!  I'm in love with Mr. Formby.  He's da' man! 



A little crumb snatcher has etched their initial on one of the drawers.  Yikes! 



Sorry, kid.  Mr. Formby out smarted you!  Ha! 

She's all stripped and has a fresh coat of Mahogany stain.  All that's left to do is apply the rub on poly top coat.  When I get her all put back together, I'll let you feast your eyes on all of her beauty. 

Then there's these girls that I referred to as the "Double Yucks".  You might remember that I was having quite a time trying to strip the 5 million layers of top coat off of them. 



This picture is bringing back some ugly memories!  There may have been some unpleasant things words said to these girls at their refusal to give up the top coat. 



FINALLY, they have been transformed.  Black paint with a chocolate glaze and a polycryllic top coat.  I'm planning to make upholstered seats for them but I think that will wait a little while.  We really need a break from each other! 



Sweet and oh so much better!  (Sarah, if you're out there, I need some photography lessons ASAP!  Help!)

Can't wait to finish up the dresser because I've got some other projects that I'm itching to get started on!!!  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment