Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Facebook Conspiracy?

I'm beginning to think that the folks over at Facebook change their format every so often just to confuse people.  Do you think they do it for kicks?  Seriously, I haven't figured out the purpose behind the constant change.  I envision them all sitting around in their offices laughing their butts off as they see all the comments from the poor FB addicted souls out there (me included).  They are getting their jollies as we all rant, cuss, scream, pull our hair and desperately ask our friends if they've figured it out.  "Hey, any of y'all figured out how I can see posts in chronological order?"  "New FB sucks!"  "Top story?  Whatha?"  "I can't get on my Farmville and all of my crops are going to WITHER!"  "I can't take it anymore.  I'm giving up FB!  They can kiss my ankle!" 

Yep, I can see them now holding their stomachs from the pain of laughing and tears streaming down their faces.  It's cruel to inflict this change on people who are addicted to their social network.  It's like taking candy from a kid or Mad Dog 20/20 from a drunk.  Oh, and the games!  When they start changing things, it affects all the FB games.  Oh lawdy!  Talk about some pissed off people!  There are two groups of FB people.  The ones who browse (or lurk) around to see what others are doing and talk to their friends and there are the gamers.  Those serious gamers are a force to be reckoned with, let me tell ya'. 

I know I shouldn't complain.  Facebook is free and it has been a wonderful thing for so many people.  I, for one, am grateful for it.  I've reconnected with so many people from my past and have learned a lot from others' posts and experiences.  FB has put me in touch with people who have been a great source of support and encouragement through some of the darkest days of my life.  I can't imagine life with out my Facebook friends.  I've been fortunate enough to develop close friendships with people I've never even met.  One in particular, April who lives in Maine, has become a very dear friend and we chat on the phone.  I never would have had the privilege of knowing her if it hadn't been for FB.  I love April so I'm not going to complain about the changes too much. 

I will say this though!  They picked a fine time to make a change.  I got all revved up with this idea to publish my furniture re-dos and have agonized for weeks trying to figure out how to create a FB page for Sissy's Salvation so people can come over and "like" me.  JUST as soon as I figured it out, what do they do?  They change the format!  UGH!  I don't have time to figure this out right now!  I have four chairs and two tables that are waiting for paint but I seem to be spending more time trying to figure out all this FB stuff. 

Oh well.  Tomorrow is another day.  I'll get used to this new FB just like I have done many times before.  I can't help but wonder though.  Why all the changes?  What's the purpose?  If anyone can enlighten me, please do so.  I just don't get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment