Monday, September 19, 2011

Perfume on a Pig?

Is there enough perfume for this pig? 

That's what I asked myself when I picked this girl up at a local thrift store.  I'm here to tell ya' that this chic has seen some serious abuse in her lifetime and she wasn't going to be transformed easily.  Simply put, she gave me attitude!  I sanded and puttied. I painted and then puttied and sanded some more.  This went on for quite some time and I was just about to pull out my little white flag and start waving when, FINALLY, she decided to give in and cooperate. 

I've not yet decided how I feel about distressed furniture but for this hard head, there was no other choice.  She's still not perfect but looks amazingly better than before. 

Whatcha think?  An improvement?  I still have to put the pull on her drawer.  My drill isn't working, at the moment, and hubby is a little stingy with his.  I don't think he trusts me with his power tools.  :-)  That's okay, I'm sure Lowes has one with my name on it. 

Initially, I thought painting this poor girl would be like putting perfume on a pig.  Luckily, she was able to be transformed.  I seem to have a knack for choosing pieces that are difficult and stubborn.  Maybe, I feel a kinship with them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment