Thursday, October 20, 2011

Crazy Week! (A Random Post) All over the board!


After I returned from my leave of absence from Sissys' Salvation (vacation), I decided to work on a couple of small pieces to get me back into my paint groove. 

I started with this great picture frame. 


I was away too long because I forgot to take the before pic.  Imagine brown and dingy.  It dawned on me to take the picture after I applied the primer.  Duh! 

Here she is after white paint and brown glaze and the sweetest picture of my daddy when he was just a tot.  He was such a cutie and the likeness to my son is uncanny! 



Then I worked on this beast.  The Pirate Ship wine wrack! 



This crazy looking thing reminded me of a pirate's ship.  It's big, rough and chunky.  I envisioned it looking like a piece of driftwood.  Never did I dream that something so small would be so much work!  I just couldn't seem to get it right.  Eventually, after many hours of work, this is what I ended up with. 


The picture quality stinks because I wasn't patient enough to take the pic the next day when there was daylight.  However, today has been so crazy there was no time for pictures.  I'm now calling this one "Ship Wreck" because it kicked my butt!  Please excuse my disgusting looking work table and try to focus on the piece.  :)  Sarah!  Calling Sarah the photographer!!!!  Are you out there?  :)

So, I've been home 4 days.  I've been painting and totally neglecting housework, cooking and laundry.  (you ask, "so what's new about that?").  Nothing really.  I haven't even completely unpacked my suitcase.  A girl has to keep her priorities straight, right? 

Today, I jumped in hubby's crew cab dual wheel truck (the "Tank")  to pick up an antique mahogany dresser from a client and two of my mother's kitchen chairs.  I will be refinishing the dresser and the chairs (2 at a time... total of four because I didn't want to leave her with no chairs).  That should keep me busy for a while. 

Tomorrow, I'm off to Lowes to buy supplies and get started.   I can't wait!  I'm a little "all over the board" at the moment.  Trying to get back into a routine and so excited about my new found salvation and all the possibilities.  I'm just so happy with where I am and what I'm doing.  Finally, something that is all mine and it feels wonderful. 

In my travels today, I stopped at the cemetery and had a long talk with Daddy.  I had so many things weighing on my mind and so much to share with him.  I put a little garden ornament bird in his flower arrangement some time back.  It's wings go around and around when the wind blows.   As I talk to him, at certain points, the birds wings whiz even when there's no wind.  That's my sign that he hears me.  It's hard to explain or even understand how you can be hurting so deeply over the loss of a loved one and yet be in the best place you've ever been. 

It's been a crazy week!  It's been a crazy life but I'm so excited to see where it leads me.  I'm no longer afraid of anything.  That's the gift my father gave me at the end of his life.  Nothing I do ( or possibly fail at) can compare to what he went through.  Thanks to my sweet father for giving me the strength and courage to  follow my dreams! 

No comments:

Post a Comment