Saturday, November 5, 2011

Feeling "sea crafty" and lots of other things

I've been a bad blogger lately.  Actually, I've been a bad everything lately.  I seem to have, temporarily, lost my groove or passion for everything.  With the Holidays upon me, my stupid hormones raging, the cold icky weather (which I plainly LOATH),  a hyper 8 year old boy with dyslexia.....  I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed!  Trying to come to terms with spending Thanksgiving and Christmas without my daddy seems to have gotten a hold on me that I can't quite shake.  I truly wish I could skip it all and fast forward to May of next year!!!  If I could bypass the next 5 months, I could skip all the emotions of facing family time with a major player missing.  I could bypass all the cold, grey and dark days that are coming.  I wish I could just be sitting on the front of the boat with the sun beating down on me and salt spray in my face.  It's the only time and place I truly feel free! 

So, I guess that's why I sat down last night with my glue gun, a 5 gallon bucket of shells and some rope and started working.  I'm a little backward.  Most people are making Holiday wreaths and decorations.  Not me!  Here's what I've been working on. 





Takes me back to my happy place!  I used to get so excited about the Holidays.  This year, I'm just not feeling it.  Put plainly, it's HARD!  But, this too shall pass.  I'll get through it to see another beautiful Spring and busting waves on the Ocean with my men.  Hey, if playing with seashells is what gets me through....  I'm going to be okay! 

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, sweetie. You're in my thoughts. It's gonna be okay.....spring will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete